Quick question, are you using Pinterest to market your business? For big companies, running contests on Pinterest serves as the greatest way to have your brand exposed to a large audience. This process makes it possible for the company to attract new followers and also serves as an excellent base which you can use to engage with your current followers.
Here we are going to look at a few businesses that run successful Pinterest accounts and run successful Pinterest contests.
Why Pinterest Contests?
- There are several reasons why as a big company you need to run a contest on Pinterest:
- Pinterest is the third largest and most popular social media site in the world in terms of traffic
- Recent studies suggest that as of July 2012, Pinterest accumulated over 15 million users
- Statistically, Pinterest platform retains and engages users as much as 2 to 3 times more efficiently that twitter or Facebook were at similar times in their own histories
- Over 80% of pins on Pinterest are re-pins, this proves how viral Pinterest community is and users gain much more exposure
- As of January 2012, reports indicate that Pinterest accounted for 3.6% of referral traffic
- Reports also indicate that shoppers referred by Pinterest have a 10% more buying probability than visitors who have been directed by other social networks including Twitter and Facebook
- Companies using Pinterest contests have their brands engage with consumers in personal yet cost-effective ways
Contests are a great venture that help companies effectively collect customer information, customer preference and customer feedback. This is valuable data that gets put into action and greatly enhances the companies’ offerings and acquisition of a bigger customer base.
How to Set Up a Business Account
Companies in all industries are using Pinterest as a strategic social media platform that generates leads and helps the company keep in-touch with customer needs and wants. If you want to set up a business account, there are two ways you can use.
If you have been running a Pinterest account for your business, it is easy for you to convert your account or you can decide to create a new account.
Converting Your Personal Account to a Business Account: when you want to convert your personal account and turn it into a business account, just proceed and login into your Pinterest account and peruse the Pinterest for Business Section.
There is a big red button that you can use in the conversion of your existence personal account and change it into a business account. This button elevates you to the next level which you can use to modify your current Pinterest account details.
Creating a New Business Account
You can also opt to sign up for a new business account. The process is similar to that of account conversion; however this process will see you creating a new username. Sometimes, if you want to reach a wider audience, you should consider converting your personal account into a business account.
Here are a few things you need to comprehend before you commence with the conversions:
Does your personal account have lots of followers? If you have a-lot of followers, it’s not necessary that you start building your followers from scratch again by creating a new account.
NB: Big companies have come to appreciate the role of social media in their businesses. They therefore use platforms such as Pinterest to spread their positive side by conducting promotions and giving good deals to their followers.
Companies also use Pinterest to see what followers and their customers’ at large think about their products and services so that they can stay ahead of the game and remain profitable.
Free Marketing Tools at MarketHive for any Business.
You can see my profile at: http://hive.pe/bp
and register for Zero Cost
If you believe that my message is worth spreading, please use the share buttons if they show at the top of the page.
Contact me: Skype: joanbeaulieu2